RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

March 13, 2008

Woodworking: Harder than it Looks

On Sunday I went to Home Depot to make a simple bench. All I brought were measurements and a couple bucks for the wood. I left with a hotdog and 3 realizations:
1) Home Depot employees don't give woodworking advice;
2) My dad is a wicked good carpenter; and,
3) It's easier to build a website about benches then it is to build a bench.

Since then I've been admiring furniture designs including the walking table and the DB Fletcher capstan schwartz expanding table. I'm considering just changing an Ikea TV cabinet into a bench. Thanks goodness for Ikea Hacker.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle