RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

January 03, 2008

Mexico & the Balance of Life

And...back. After several bus rides up and down the coast of Mexico, we are back and I am crazy for noodles. If I see another hamburguesa, pina colada or packet of ranch dressing, this spoiled Gringa is going to toss her tacos. We had a great time in Sayulita, Bucerias, Pitilla, Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta. While I'm sad we didn't get to see our friends in Vancouver and Victoria, I was glad to avoid the rain. I even got to read CYBERPUNK: Outlaws and Hackers on the Computer Frontier. ( A whole book!) The authors assert that between serial hacker Kevin Mitnick, the Chaos Club and rtm - the creator of both the Morris worm and Y Combinator - there are only 3 hacker inspirations: William Gibson's Neuromancer, Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminati Trilogy and Matthew Broderick's 80's masterpiece, War Games. I am extremely skeptical.

As for Mexico itself, I learned that Puerto Vallarta is extremely affluent with a much lower crime rate than SF. In an effort to create a balance, my sweet and I are considering running a timeshare scam wherein we collect $300 per presentation attended plus all the buffet breakfast we can pocket.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle