RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

June 15, 2008

Posing & Living

It's been seven days since I've posted. I'm trying to become more present in my life rather than cataloguing the world into my "bloggable" folder. The thought first struck me last week on Sunday at the Haight St. Festival when I realized that there were fewer spacey hippies than there were photographers. I believe Immanuel Kant said, "mankind is not a means to an end, but an end in and of itself." (Well, that's what I remember from Philosophy 200) Citizen journalism is cool and useful, but I certainly don't want to be a citizen paparazzi. I'm trying to approach people without looking for their agenda or angle.

In the meantime I've been paying a great deal of attention to food and have been given a cooking blog at the Daily Pixel Network.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick Herman said...

Hi there,
stumbled upon your blog while browsing through idealist.org.

I believe the introduction of ubiquitous camera-phones is terrible because it has encouraged people to capture, capture, without thinking. Often, while doing photography during various travels, I was confronted with the dilemma of taking a beautiful picture, at the risk of feeling that I was possibly objectifying someone/their situation. I think you can do the former without the latter, but it takes a high enough dedication to one's art form that it becomes ego-less. Maybe best to just experience if you're unsure.

12:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle