RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

May 14, 2007

Sanity Savers: The Review

A few months ago I joined the BlogHer network and was fortuitous enough to be given a review copy of Dr. Dale Vicky Atkins' "Sanity Savers: Tips for Women to Live a Balanced Life". I was honored that Harper Collins would value my feedback, but then I read the book.

Dr. Dale did not write this book for me. There are a few points we agree on, including that we should, "live a life with purpose, curiosity and passion,"; however, on p.14, Dr. Dale addresses my disabled child. Wa? In fact, probably more than half of the chapters are about how to manage children in a double-parent home. Having recently read articles about Laura Doyle and the Surrendered Wives movement, I am on a particularly mad feminist rant today.


If I were to write a book, my advice would be this:
Sometimes it is ok to let things go to shit. If you have a partner and they are really doing half of the chores and not just the lawn, then shit shouldn't look that bad. Be happy and be in the world. No one likes a neurotic freak.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle