CES, Vegas and Diana Ross
I was in Vegas to help pitch Last Gadget Standing. Everything went well, and there were even some non-tech celebrities at the events including Dr. Dre, Stevie Wonder, Souljah Boy, the Counting Crows and Diana Ross. My colleagues made me angry when they besmirched the name of Diana Ross and wanted to see Counting Crows instead.
The Top 5 Reasons Diana Ross is better than the Counting Crows and everyone else in the entire world:
5. The Supremes: Ross was the signature female vocalists to build up Motown Records and establish Detroit as a musical mecca. She lead the first all-Black female singing group.
4. Lady Sings the Blues: Ross played Billy Holiday in Lady Sings the Blues and was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar at the Academy Awards. Her rendition of Strange Fruit kills me every time.
3. She Invented Disco: I'm Coming Out, Do You Know Where You're Going To and Upside Down. Not only is Ross a disco force to be reckoned with, but she's also the inspiration behind every 80's UK dance mix and gay anthem.
2. Imitation: Diana Ross is the original Dream Girl. If it weren't for Ross, Jennifer Hudson would not have an Oscar, celebrity drag queens would only feature Cher and Gloria Estefan, and Michael Jackson would have no real direction for his plastic surgery.
1. The 60's: Where Did Our Love Go, Baby Love, Stop! In the Name of Love, I Hear a Symphony, You Can't Hurry Love, Someday We'll be Together, You Keep Me Hanging On and my wildly inappropriate childhood favorite, Love Child. OH SNAPS!