RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

May 16, 2007

Existentialism: Self Indulgence or Survivalism?

Lately I've been working on building out my online writing portfolio. At one point the design featured my head in cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin's helmet but I scrapped that idea because my melon isn't the right size or proportion. Essentially this week is existential week. Every 2-3 years I take stock of my life. The last time it happened I cried because Orson Welles finished Citizen Kane at the age of 26 and I was already 25-years-old. The time before that I threw up next to someone's hot tub after doing a keg stand. Given that this weekend is Bay to Breakers, we could see everything come full circle. I decided to write FutureMe a letter, but now I can't find it and it won't arrive until 2010. After seeing some of those letters and after watching the Pachelbel ranter clip, I feel a little better about myself--I mean, at least my concerns are relevant.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the existentential tip... 29, what have I done? Meh.

11:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle