RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

August 14, 2008

Travels: From Humble Beginnings...

Wow. Today is a day of travel planning. This morning I booked my ticket for Gnomedex in Seattle and then my honey bunny booked our Christmas vacation - in Kauai! Things are looking up.

Yesterday at a networking event, I actually spoke to a bunch of strangers without having to make awkward small talk. I am having a breakthrough.Everything is coming up Dana.


You can see how it might have been initially intimidating to be in a room full of well-known creatives and feel like you're wearing a big "kick me, I'm podunk Canadian" sign on my back. Nevertheless, the more I get to know people, the more I realize how podunk we all are (in a good way). The nicest man I know is literally from a rock in the middle of the ocean. Podunk is good. It seems to breed some pretty solid human beings.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle