RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

March 19, 2005

Clowns of the Velt


breakoutwildebeest
Originally uploaded by Suzy Perplexus.

I remember watching the blue wildebeest sommersault down the rock face, sweating and huffing,egging on the others in an Afrikaan animal pissing contest.The wildebeest is the clown of the velt- fine during the day and a jackass come dinner time.

Working for the government makes me feel a bit like that- like they let me squeak in there- posing as one of the safari animals. I like the people I work with. I like the job itself. Is this what it feels like to sell out? Somehow I doubt it...it feels like I've just gone through a 30 min mutual break up session with someone I don't love...like, goodbye non-profits, I sincerely wish you all the best.(Maybe I'll email you a birthday card/online donation)

Two years ago I would've been disappointed with myself because to get this job would've meant I had lied. I was honest and I got it. Normal isn't bad after all.

*Also, CBC Radio 3's last issue is up. I guess everyone's moving on. Damn, ladies and gentlemen, the death of independent Canadian music. (I blame the Kits Pub.)
http://www.cbcradio3.com/issues/2005_03_04/main.cfm?IssueId=179.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle