RSS
Hire Me
Creative Commons License
hiyaa by Dana Oshiro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.  

September 14, 2008

Typography

Typography has been hot for a while. The acclaimed film Helvetica paved the way, with Font Conference close behind. Today I noticed a really beautiful Smashing Magazine post on Table of Contents design. While you may turn up your nose at my obvious font fetish, would you seriously trust a bank whose logo incorporated Curlz MT? A friend recently told me she refused to interview a designer with a curriculum vitae written in comic sans. When in doubt, keep it clean. If you like something you see and don't recognize it, check out What the Font.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dana, what is your favourite font? I am having to go through MS words options and getting incredibly frustrated. It makes me hate fonts, so maybe you could impart some of this love for fonts by making some suggestions to make my life easier :)

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Suzy Perplexus said...

Doh. Word stinks. Get your ass to font foundry and download and install something good. Simple is better. Myriad Pro is my standby. Lately I like Gotham.

7:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A flying roundhouse axekick to absolutes

twaddle